[ WHAT WE DO ]
For the first time in the history of snowboarding, the stories of the unique women who have been, and are icons in the sport will be told.
• • •
[ OUR VISION ]
There is no present without the past and no future without the present. We are aiming to build a piece of history and preserve our cultural heritage in snowboarding. By bringing together this legendary crew, our goal is to bring the community together and empower people to get outside to enjoy the mountains as we do. This is our way of giving back to the sport that has given so much to us.
• • •
[ ABOUT ]
Be inspired by women who push boundaries. Full Moon is a two-year film project documenting the past, present, and future of women's snowboarding. Through interviews and resurrected classic footage, Runway Films is producing a film that pays tribute to the history of women's snowboarding and showcases how it has influenced and encouraged the current state of the sport. Director and Producer, Leanne Pelosi of Runway Films has long been an icon in the sport. From her competitive background to her current backcountry domination.
Time and again Leanne has proved to create impactful media for snowboarding and Full Moon is no exception.
"My goal is to bring this amazing group of women, who happen to be the very best handful of women in the world in the backcountry, and have them tell their stories of who inspire them. I want to showcase that we are all connected at an arm's reach, and there is a reason why we should see where we came from and on to where we are headed. It's vital to keep the true story of snowboarding alive through visuals like interviews and real video documentation."
This two-year project is underway and is set for release in Fall of 2016 .
• • •
What We've Achieved SO FAR!
- 2015 People's Choice Award Winner, Intersection World Ski and Snowboard Festival Whistler for Runway Films' submission of 'Whishalla', a mockumentary of the ski movie 'Valhalla'.
- 2015 Produced a 7 part Web Series called, 'SideTracked' on www.snowboardmag.com
- 2015 Successfully funded a Kickstarter Campaign, through our awesome community (YOU), in only 9 days!
- We've visited Mica Heli, Italy, Alaska, Golden Alpine Holidays and Bella Coola and gotten some damn good footage that we are excited to build upon this year and share with you fall 2016!
- We are currently getting ready to travel to a city near you for our world premiere tour. 18 cities and counting...